Perfect synthesis of over two centuries of Family Passion.
Castrovillari, 1892. Doctor Carmine Caterini creates the Ferrochina Caterini:
invigorating tonic based on Ferrochina enriched with a mix of medicinal herbs gathered at the foot of Mount Pollino.
Ferrochina Caterini over time managed to obtain success and interest so as to go beyond territorial borders.
The oldest documentation of Ferrochina Caterini is preserved in an article dated November 10, 1895, of the magazine “La nuova Rivista, quindicinale di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti” (fortnightly of Sciences, Letters and Arts), which praises its qualities:
“The Ferro-China Caterini liqueur is a tonic preparation, blood tonic, containing the properties of China and ferruginous preparations.”
The article continues with a series of therapeutic applications.
The genesis of Ferrochina del Moro.
To honor the historic name of the old grandfather’s pharmacy and to mark the transition of the product from the ancient to the modern age, the Ferrochina Caterini becomes today Ferrochina del Moro.
Moro stands for Moor, in fact at the entrance to their grandfather’s Pharmacy there was a Gaper which is a wooden head depicting a Moor with a pill in his mouth, symbol of the Apothecaries since the 18th century.
The product, initially born to remember ancient times with a few friends, was discovered in a short amount of time by a growing number of passionates so they decided to start a real business.